Stay 4 nights in Reykjavik, Iceland's capital. There is a lot to see and a lot to do in a short time. Walk around the world-famous Geysir hot spring area, visit the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall and enjoy the soothing Blue Lagoon. Stay 3 nights in Ilulissat, West Greenland, which is popular for visitors searching for an ideal mix of authentic Inuit culture and a modern society that pulses under the magical light of the midnight sun. Located on the west coast of Greenland - above the Arctic Circle - Greenland's famous Ilulissat Icefiord is the sea mouth of Sermeq Kujalleq, one of the many glaciers through which the Greenland ice cap reaches the sea. In just 8 days you explore highlights of Iceland & Greenland.
Highlights and Experiences:
- Golden Circle Tour and Visit to Blue Lagoon in Iceland
- 4 excursions in Greenland to explore nature and culture
- Private airport transfers in Iceland
- 4 nights in 4 star hotel in the center of Reykjavik, Iceland
- 3 nights in 4 star hotel with amazing view in Ilulissat, West Greenland
ICE & WGR4
Day 1: Welcome to Iceland (50 km/31 mls)
Private transfer from Keflavík International Airport to a 4 star hotel in the center of Reykjavík where you spend 2 nights. We provide you with ideas how to explore Iceland's capital on your own, dinner suggestions too! Food lovers will be pleased and perhaps even impressed by the number of diverse restaurants in Reykjavík. Many award winning chefs create delicious Icelandic cuisine that is characterized by an imaginative use of local ingredients such as fresh seafood, organic lamb and wild game; but be sure to try the fabulous Icelandic hot dog and pizza too!
Day 2, The Golden Circle Route (260 km/162 mls)
Iceland is spectacular and so is the Golden Circle Route. The first stop is Thingvellir National Park, the wonderful site of Iceland's first parliament and the place where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet and move apart. There is a widening fissure in the ground where the planet is literally opening up. Next stop is Gullfoss waterfall that tumbles 34 meters into the Hvítá river. Nearby we explore the Geysir geothermal fields with a variety of hot springs and bubbling pools. The sheer power of water and steam erupting from the ground really makes you realize how alive the ground is beneath our feet.
Day 3: Iceland - West Greenland, Guided City Walk Ilulissat, Welcome Dinner and Midnight Sailing
Private airport transfer in Reykjavik. Flight from Reykjavik to Ilulissat (about 3 hours). Transfer to the hotel. After a welcome meeting with your local guide at 4 star Hotel Arctic enjoy a guided city walk of Ilulissat. There is some time to explore the town, visit the local museum and observe Greenlandic life at the always busy harbour. Welcome dinner (2-course) is included at Hotel Arctic. Around 22:00 we depart for a midnight sailing trip to the famous Ilulissat Icefiord that is the world's largest ice sculpture park. The experience is overwhelming as lights and colours change constantly. Enjoy a late Martini on "the real rocks". Trip duration is about 3 hours. Dress warm.
(Note: The season for midnight sun is approx. May 22-Jul 24. Outside this season the excursion is operated as an evening cruise with the beautiful sunset reflecting over the icebergs).
Day 4: Boat trip to Eqi - the calving glacier
Breakfast at the hotel. Early morning departure for the one day boat trip to Eqi - the calving glacier. The Eqi glacier runs 80 km north of Ilulissat into the fjord and is one of the most beautiful places in Greenland. You can get close to the edge of the glacier by boat as we cruise in front of the glacier for around one hour and you might see the calving process. The front of the glacier is 3,4 km wide! The sound of the active glacier is quite remarkable while the sight of icebergs toppling into the water is breathtaking. Afterwards we continue to the small settlement of Ataa, the former trading station, where we will enjoy a delicious 2 course lunch including a glass of wine. On the way back to Ilulissat we might spot whales. The trip to Eqi is by modern and comfortable tourist boat. Trip duration: about 6-7 hours / Level of difficulty: Easy / Lunch and glass of wine is included.
Day 5: Inuit Settlement at the Ilulissat Icefiord
Breakfast at the hotel. By bus as far as the road goes. Guided walking tour to the old settlement Sermermiut valley on the famous Ilulissat Icefiord that was inscribed on UNESCO's world heritage list in 2004. The ancient settlement of Sermermiut, 1.5 km south of the town, is surrounded by Ilulissat's beautiful icebergs. Various different Inuit cultures have lived here over the past 4,000 years, and you can still see remains from ancient times. Learn about local history and customs before Europeans arrived. See plots settled for thousands of year and admire the views across the majestic icebergs. Please wear proper boots or hiking boots. Approximate trip duration is 3 hours. The hiking distance is about 3 km (1,9 mls) round trip, hiking time is about 1 hour. Terrain: mainly track bridge and a bit of uneven nature and rocky nature trail. Rest of the day free at leisure to hike along the Icefiord and explore the town of Ilulissat.
Farewell dinner (3-course) is included at Hotel Arctic.
Day 6: West Greenland - Iceland
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend some time in the morning to explore the town of Ilulissat and last minute Greenland shopping. The short Arctic adventure has come to an end and you return by flight to Reykjavik, Iceland. Private airport transfer in Reykjavik to your accommodation. Stay 2 nights in a 4 star hotel in the center of Reykjavik, Iceland.
Day 7: Blue Lagoon & Reykjavík (90 km / 56 mls)
Depart at 10:00 by bus to the Blue Lagoon. We drive through rough lava fields to visit the Blue Lagoon where you can relax in its rejuvenating geothermal water. The water is rich in minerals and believed to have healing powers. You can stay as long as you please (last bus back to Reykjavik is at 21:00). The afternoon is free at leisure to explore Reykjavik, Iceland's capital, or enjoy optional spa treatments at the Blue Lagoon.
Day 8: Departure Home (50 km/31 mls)
Private transfer from your accommodation in Reykjavík to Keflavík Airport.
ICE & WGR4
2017 departures dates from Reykjavik:
- Daily departures from 02.07.-31.08.17
- In June 2017 the Greenland part is available with departures Tue-Fri, Wed-Sat and Sat-Tue
- In September 2017 the Greenland part is available with departures from Sat-Tue
- This program is not available from January-May and October-December due to flights
Flights: by Air Iceland, Dash 8 aircraft, 37 seats (subject to change), about flight time 3 hours.
Flight schedule for 2017: (subject to change)
||Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat
||Tue, Fri & Sat
||Tue & Sat
Please note that return flight has a fuel stop in Søndre Strømfjord
Availability: On request. It might take 1-3 working days until we can advise availability
ICE & WGR4
2017 Prices - with departures from 01.06.-30.09.17
4 star in Reykjavik + 4 star in Ilulissat
Price per person in Double room standard:
3 star in Reykjavik + 4 star in Ilulissat
Price per person in Double room standard:
|EUR 4,340 per person*
||EUR 635 per person
||EUR 3,700 per person*
||EUR 500 per person
Supplement for superior room with Icefiord view in Greenland:
|Supplement for superior room with Icefiord view in Greenland:
|EUR 192 per room for 3 nights
||EUR 192 per room for 3 nights
|Prices are subject to change due to exchange rates
*Depending on availability for flights to Greenland a flight supplement of EUR 500/DKK 3700 per person might apply
This tour is not available rest of the year due to flights. See flight schedule under the tab "tour dates".
- 4 nights incl. breakfast in a 4 star hotel in the center of Reykjavik, based on standard room at Hotel Borg or Hotel Apothek, subject to availability or 4 nights including breakfast in a 3 star hotel in the center of Reykjavik, based on standard room at Fosshotel Baron or Fosshotel Lind, subject to availability
- Private return airport transfer between Keflavik International Airport and accommodation in Reykjavik
- 8 hour guided Golden Circle Tour (seat-in-coach)
- Bus to/from Blue Lagoon (seat-in-coach) including entrance fee & towel
- Private return airport transfer between Reykjavik domestic airport and accommodation in Reykjavik when travelling to/from Greenland
- Return flight Reykjavik-Ilulissat-Reykjavik including airport taxes
- Hotel/airport transfer in Greenland
- 3 nights incl. breakfast at 4 star Hotel Arctic in standard rooms
- Welcome & farewell dinner at Hotel Arctic
- Welcome meeting with local guide at the hotel in Greenland
- All taxes and fees
- 1-2 hours guided city walk Ilulissat
- 3 hours easy hike to the old Sermermiut settlement at the Icefiord including refreshments
- 3 hours midnight sailing among the icebergs including refreshments
- 6-7 hours boat trip to Eqi glacier and Inuit settlement Ataa including lunch and refreshments
Note: Excursion days may alter depending on weather and minimum number of participants.
Availability: On request. It might take 48-72 hours until we can advise availability
Important: Trips to Greenland are always subject to weather conditions. Delays and flight cancellations can happen. Therefore we strongly recommend you to buy a travel insurance in the country of residence that would cover any additional travel expenses, should your flights be delayed or cancelled due to weather. We recommend not to book any international flight directly after a trip from Greenland.
Bookings to be sent to email: Either via our international tour operator network -see here
or directly by email email@example.com and we process your booking by personal email communication. All bookings are on request. We need full names of all travellers to Greenland, nationality and travel dates to/from Greenland. After we receive your reservation by email, you will get a short reconfirmation from us that we will work on your booking. The final confirmation will be sent within 2-4 working days after booking receipt. Unfortunately for Greenland packages there is no instant availability system and online booking & payment system. Payment is due latest 8 weeks prior to arrival; we accept international bank transfer or payment by Visa or MasterCard. Vouchers and detailed itinerary will be sent after receipt of final payment. We provide you also with many practical information in regards to your stay in Greenland and how to prepare for a trip to Greenland.
Cancellation policy for Iceland & Greenland package:
- 72 hours after booking and up to 8 weeks prior to departure: Changes (of ANY kind) will cost 10% of the tour package price. Cancellation will cost 20% of tour package price. In order to finalize a booking and issue the flight ticket, a deposit of DKK 7000 (EUR 1000) per person is required within 72 hours of booking confirmation.
- If reservation is cancelled within 8 weeks of departure there will be a charge of 40% of the tour package price.
- If reservation is cancelled within 6 weeks of departure there will be a charge of 60% of the tour package price.
- If reservation is cancelled within 4 weeks prior to departure there will be a charge of 80 % of the tour package price.
- If reservation is cancelled within 2 weeks prior to departure there will be a charge of 100% of the tour package price.
- If reservation is cancelled on day of departure or in case of no show there will be a charge of 100% of the tour package price (no refund at all).
ICE & WGR4