Terms & Conditions for Guðmundur Jónasson Travel Iceland
Please read carefully
- All On-line bookings must be paid fully in advance.
- Travel documents will be issued at the time of booking. With your confirmation you will receive your travel voucher.
- If you need to amend your booking, please send email to: email@example.com. Amendment free up to EUR 100 per booking.
- Travel insurance is not included in our tours and packages and we recommend at this time all passengers buy comprehensive travel insurance in your home country that covers the cost should you have to cancel with a short notice.
- See detailed itinerary and information about tour departure and pick up time, lengths of tour, prices and more under each individual tour description, trip guide and prices/departures.
- All prices quoted or shown in our tariffs are subject to change, except for already confirmed and paid bookings.
- Clothing: Sturdy shoes and a warm outdoor wear should be worn when travelling in Iceland during any season. Nature is the main attraction on many of the excursions and a short outdoor walk may be included to fully enjoy the tour.
- Cancellation policy
a) Day Tours: Reservations can be cancelled until 1 weeks prior to departure without penalty. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to departure, or for no shows, and a tour begun but not completed, will be charged full price. Different cancellation policy applies for Inside the Volcano Tour and Kulusuk Day Trip.
- Complaints: Every effort will be made to provide you with the best holiday possible. Should you, for any reason not be satisfied with the services provided during your stay, please inform our tour guide or member of our staff, so that the situation can be rectified immediately. If you do not bring the complaint to our attention within 24 hours of the problem occurring and give us the opportunity to put things right we will not be held responsible for the problem. Thank you for your co-operation!
- IMPORTANT LIABILITY: Guðmundur Jónasson Travel cannot accept responsibility for defaults or delays caused by contracting parties. We reserve the right to change routes, itineraries or time tables without prior notice should road, weather conditions or operational situations so dictate. Some tours may also be operated in reverse. No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Guðmundur Jónasson Travel. Guðmundur Jónasson Travel can not accept responsibility for arrangements other than those paid for in advance as part of a Guðmundur Jónasson Tour. Extra excursions taken during one of our tours will be the responsibility of that individual operator. We strongly recommend that all travellers to Iceland have general travel insurance issued in their country of residence. This insurance should also cover all activities i.e. horse riding, white river rafting, mountain biking etc. which is part of their tour. Your contract will be governed by Icelandic law and any disputes will be dealt with in the courts of Iceland.
- Confidentiality and security: We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. All credit card transaction processes have been verified by Korta Ehf (korta.is) and are safeguarded at all times. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, and telephone number before they travel over the Internet. This makes doing business over the Internet as secure as purchasing by telephone.
- Completing this booking confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We look forward to welcoming you to Iceland.